It took a few months! Not going to pretend this was a weekend project. We demolished the bathroom to the studs. We moved the toilet across the room. We removed a pocket door and added a hinged door. Scott built all the wainscoting custom for this room. I laid the tile. We also revamped a dresser into a vanity and buit a wood countertop. (Post on that here) Doing all the work yourself takes time. No question. But, in total, the entire project and all supplies cost us $1,750. And, I even got the toilet that can flush a bucket of golf balls. Ha! We are so pleased with the end product. A bathroom we aren’t embarrassed to send guests into. Here is a layout of the bathroom before / after: Such a nice change to have a vanity worth being a focal point! Removing the tub gave us a lot more room, and allowed the toilet to be in the room, not the doorway. It’s a powder room, we had other bathrooms, this one didn’t need a tub. Removing the pocket door and adding a hinged door was such a good change. So worth the effort. There are now cabinets where the toilet once was. The wall covering is much improved. Tile was disgusting. It had blue and pink veins running through it, and permanent stains from who knows what. We opted for an 18″ travertine, laid in a diamond pattern. I love it. Another view of the previous tub area turned toilet area.
Paint color - Restoration Hardware “Silver Sage”
Wainscoting color – Behr Semi-Gloss Enamel “White”
Tile – Travertine from Home Depot (it only came in bulk, so I bought an entire pallet. We have other bathrooms to redo…)
Vanity – Custom, garage sale find, turned vanity.
Light – Craig’s list find.
Toilet – American Standard “Champion 4″
Sink & Faucet – Kohler, purchased at Lowes.